Friday, October 31, 2008

It's about time!

I'm so sorry that it's taken so long to blog. Life has been pretty crazy with rehearsal from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.. It was also hard updating my profile because I had no lap top or digital camera. After a few weeks on the job I was able to afford a new camera and MacBook (which I'm in love with). So where do I start? I am loving my job! I really feel comfortable on stage and get energized from the audiences applause. Opening night is a week from today! Eek! Today was our first dress rehearsal, my costume is huge and has a ton of layers. I look like a Keebler Elf/ Hiedi/ Wench/ Baker. I've nailed my lines, they had me go to a recording studio to make a track of my line instead of having me on mic. It took forever just to record my lousy two words I say "Finds you!". The people I work with are all different in so many ways. Dinner time is interesting because catering try's to satisfy everyone including the vegans and vegetarians. Tonight they offered a meatless meat loaf. Towards the end of the show Radio City does a live Nativity where all of the cast are in the scene and actual camels walk across the stage. Well today was the first day the camels were brought in and all of the cast was sent to the house while the animal trainers walked the camels across stage and through their parts. Could you blame us for being a bit nervous when they went crazy and attacked the stable and jumped all around the stage? I have some pictures to post but don't know how to do it yet. I hopefully will figure it out tonight. Just to let everyone know the people I work with drink quite often so don't be alarmed when you see that going on in my pictures I don't take part in any of that. Well until my next post, later!

4 comments:

Brenda E said...

So good to hear from you. I think it is sure a great opportunity to be able to do this. It sure sounds like you are busy, and having fun. I take it you're not shy. Hope the camels don't spit at you. You'll figure out the camera stuff before you know it. Have fun, love ya, Bren

Marisa said...

Yeah an update! I am so excited to see the pics... I hope you can figure it out soon! :) I'm glad you're having fun and meeting new people... We missed seeing you when we came down! Remeber to stay safe and we love ya!

Chauntelle Graf Photography said...

aw... cousin!!! I was starting to worry about you... not seeing any new posts... That is way exciting that you are having such a great time :) Although, it is sad to visit Cedar and not have you there to play with...

LindsayLoo said...

I miss you Rachel and with that new expensive computer this really should be updated better!!