Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My adventure, Day 1

Oh my gosh! I am having so much fun! Yesterday I flew in to New York and took a taxi to my hotel. I met the little people I'm working with Adam, Matt, Alicia, and Pancho. I guess we hit it off because they are already teasing me and giving me a hard time especially about my disposable camera, we were walking down times square and they'd always turn back when they heard me wind it. I felt so cosmopolitan when I was dropped of at my hotel (in times square). Oh and they all call me either Pup or Rookie because I'm so young and the new comer to the show. I got a kick when the bellman asked me if I was here for business or pleasure, I was shocked to tell him bussiness this job is too fun to be a job. So I'm almost possitve that there will be some posts in the near future where I'm sad and homesick but for now life is amazing and I feel so richly blessed to have this oppurtunity. Sorry I have no pics to show you I need to buy a digital camera because someone (let's call them Audrey S.) broke my last one, he he! Oh my gosh I can hear and feel the subway pass under ther building, :-D

6 comments:

Kim said...

Wow Rachel! I'm impressed that you've already posted. I LOVE IT! You need to get a digital camera quick!... I can't wait to see the pictures.

Jessica said...

Your living the DREAM! I'm glad your first day was a blast and went well...keep up with the posts!

Marisa said...

Isn't New York breath taking? I loved it... it's not beautiful like our mountains and wide open nature scenes here in the west but it is amazing! Glad you're having fun... Be safe and we love ya!!!

Brenda E said...

A little rumbly tumbly under your feet eeeh! Sounds earthqaukey. Like my new word. Hope you really enjoy the east coast. It is beautiful and there is a lot of history back east. Make sure you see the sites, and take lots of pictures. You may not make it back there for awhile after this. Enjoy, enjoy. I am at my half way point in my weight loss. That is 59 down and 59 more to go.

Nicole Cave said...

Ok you have to put us on your list! I have my blog set to private, so send me your e-mail and I'll invite you...cavebunch@cox.net

Chauntelle Graf Photography said...

How fun!!! But seriously, youre killin me here with no pictures! I need some visuals! :) Im glad youre having fun though thats awesome! :)